Four Ingredient Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

-

Happy Sunday! I hope you all are out and about enjoying this gorgeous weather! Cashton is down for his afternoon nap so I thought I would jump on here and share a recipe I am baking right now. If you follow my blog, you might know that we go through a TON of bananas in our house as they are Cash's favorite fruit. However, from time to time we don't use them all and I HATE to throw away food, so I found this recipe on Pinterest and modified it to fit our needs. 

I love simple recipes that aren't full of empty calories with hydrogenated oils, fats, and garbage in them. This chocolate chip banana bread is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth with only four ingredients.

INGREDIENTS: 

1.5 Pounds Of Bananas - That's about 4-5 medium bananas. The riper the better. This will naturally sweeten the loaf. 

1 Cup Peanut Butter- I use organic but any peanut butter will do. You can also substitute with almond butter.

2 Cups Oatmeal- Oats give the bread texture. This is the perfect sub for flour and if you want to go gluten-free you can use gluten-free oats.

1 Cup Chocolate Chips- I use dark chocolate of course, but you can use your favorites.

That's it! The original recipe called for these ingredients to be blended in a blender but I was unsuccessful with this method. It's a little more work but I prefer hand mashing the bananas, oats and peanut butter together, then adding the chocolate chips last. 

Place mixture in a lightly greased 9x5 loaf pan. Bonus points if you have parchment paper to line the pan as well. Bake for 30 mins in the oven at 350 degrees and you're good to go! 

Make sure your bread is completely cool before removing it from the pan.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *